My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Sexual Cache ™

“And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.” ~Sylvia Plath

A while back I used the term “Sexual Cache ™” when Sweet asked if I had anything to contribute to a story she was writing. Of course when the time came for me to put out, I came up short. I’m only reminded of it now because I’ve been stricken with the ennuiparapsychosis again and while the doctors do expect me to make a full recovery, right now it’s pretty bad. Therefore sex! Sex always makes people happy! Sex is exciting! Sex will make me less boring!

In fact many months ago, someone else mentioned that a lack of writing about Sex! makes for a boring blog. I commented that I never speak of Sex! and questioned whether or not that made me boring and insignificant. Thankfully the answer was no, though some might disagree. Since this email exchange I’ve often thought about whether or not it’s something I want to get into on here, given that I’m not anonymous and it’s a hell of a lot more entertaining to hear me discuss it in person. Especially when I exaggerate the word ‘labia’ and then shriek or whisper ‘blowjob’ to my dining companion at TenPenh, because we don’t speak that way at TenPenh.

Anyway reading this over now, maybe I’ll hold off on the sex talk, because a) It’s just not all that exciting and b) Telling the story that involves me exaggerating ‘labia’ for dramatic purposes, is so much more entertaining via the spoken word. So for now, you’re stuck with ennui induced writings and if you’re lucky you’ll get to read about the cat that Peg demanded we get and then she made him disappear. Like one day he was there and the next day he wasn’t and she had no explanation for it, other than “He’s gone.” As you can see, I'm still a little sensitive about the cat issue, but it's either that or sex or ennui. Your choice.

7 Comments:

Blogger Wryter said...

Just saw some great advice on another blog. The poster said, "Don't self censor. Or at least try not to. It's your blog, who cares who all is reading, because it is YOUR space to do what you like."

So let's get crackin' on that sex talk, HB!

I haven't done much on it either. You're probably right, it's much better told in person, with gestures, inflections, and plenty of dishwater to drink!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

I bet that the person who wrote that comment is one of the smartest people in the world.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous MappyB said...

I love it! You're going to get some fantastic search results too! :)

12:43 PM  
Blogger Sweet said...

Speaking of sex I need to send you that Bob Saget video. Ha!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I vote for sex.

By the way, have you seen our favorite website today? Dictionary.com got a makeover!

1:13 PM  
Blogger MKD said...

If everytime you speak of sex it makes you do this: Sex!

Then maybe you aren't having enough of it.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

Hi. Just stopping by. My google search for "labia" brought me here.

Have a nice day.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.