My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Dear Diary: II

"I don't lie. I'm like George frickin' cherry tree Washington, yo" ~ Bone

Dear Diary,

Today was far better than yesterday, thank you for asking. As I was able to successfully practice the art of denial: If I don’t discuss it, it doesn’t exist. Try it! It works!

It’s amazing how much one’s outlook can change when there are things to look forward to, like moving from PC to Mac and new (smaller!) jeans and payday and a savings account that doesn’t look at me with sad puppy dog eyes because it’s so very weak. But it won’t after this weekend because I will be babysitting three times on Saturday! I have no idea how this happened, but alas it is true and there’s my old friend denial. I’ll live.

There’s also a trip to Toys R’ Us in the works, my birthday, midterm elections and a trip to ATL (what you know about that?). By then it will be Thanksgiving and Christmas and I figure that I’ll hold off on stepping out into Dupont Circle with my eyes closed, immediately after the light turns green, to sometime in January. Look! Things are improving!

Most importantly, Stacy is coming. Let me repeat, STACY IS COMING:

(from left: Moi, Swiss Kris, Jurgen's Mama)


Notice how being in the presence of Kris and Stacy makes me do that funny thing where the corners of my mouth turn upward? I think it’s called smiling or something. Actually I think I had already started partaking in the free wine by then. No matter, Stacy is coming and I can share my disdain for all things on God’s green earth with another one of my favorite people.

Here’s to the weekend and thriving liver,

HB

11 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

Nice to see you smiling. I plan to smile -- for real -- by about 4 p.m. tomorrow. Cause by then I will have completed three weeks of the school year. And things are starting to look up. Less of the eye roll with lip smack from my students. (When talking to a friend tonight, I found myself saying words that I had only heard from my mama. "Roll those eyes one more time and I'll slap them out of your head." *sigh* When did I become my mother?) But after a few cocktails, who the hell cares about that stuff?

3:19 AM  
Blogger Wryter said...

Have one... or several... for me! And mind the dishwater.

- Bacardi

9:33 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

dagny: Smiling is nice. Though it's sad that I do much of my smiling after having a few drinks.

bacardi: No dishwater this evening. Just a beer (or four).

9:39 AM  
Blogger Lux Lisbon said...

i know what you mean about having stuff to look forward too. thinking about all the home improvement projects i have lined up for the winter is the only thing that will keep from slitting my wrists during the unrelenting swedish winter.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Pink Lemonade Diva said...

enjoy the wknd: nothing better than fun peeps to help make the most of the best two days of the week.

Now whisper in my ear: how badly did you want to find a backwards R symbol when you typed that brand name?

10:56 AM  
Anonymous jes said...

Enjoy it! Though, can I live in denial that I just read this entry? Because now I'm insanely jealous that I'm not coming, too.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

lux lisbon: But at least you'll be in sweden. There's a plus.

PLD: Ha! I totally didn't think about that. But now I'm tempted.

jes: Awww sorry girl. We'll drink one (or four) for you.

11:25 AM  
Anonymous LisaBinDaCity said...

I'm from The South - denial is a daily companion ;-)

Glad to see you smiling, Heather!

9:05 AM  
Anonymous in2deep said...

hey! my first visit to your blog and you dont know how happy it made me to see that you're from DC. ive lived my whole life there and i absolutely love the place:)
ive been blogging for a while now, and you're the first person from DC ive come across.
how's my home these days? i miss it so much.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous carmen said...

Oh, I'm so JEALOUS of you!

Have a few for me!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Isabel said...

I love the picture. What a group of hot ladies.

And you're babysitting three times in one weekend? You're brave.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.