My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Don't cry for me Argentina

"Is that a birthday? 'tis, alas! too clear;
'Tis but the funeral of the former year."
~Alexander Pope


Oh, did you really think that my red wine loving ass would actually be hungover right now and/or in the fetal position in an alley in Adam’s Morgan? Alas not. I actually spent my 23rd birthday evening with a very good looking blond. Like really, really good looking, jaw droppingly handsome and so very sweet.

Swoon.


I’d show you a picture but because the internet is apparently chock full of assholes full of more vitriol and hate than I could ever, ever claim to have, so I cannot. But my God, you should be jealous.


Tonight there will be gnocchi, camembert and wine with some of my favorites (though you two and you know who you are, will surely be missed) and I will not think about being dramatic or that I’m a bad person or how bizarre some things are. I will enjoy myself and be very willing to start this 23rd year with an open mind and I might even remove that protective barrier I’ve come to know and love.


So, thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes and have a most splendid weekend.

P.S. Have you heard of the Hoagies?? No! Then get the to Heather Anne post haste

P.P.S. What?! You’ve not heard of Heather Anne?? Ohh, so you’ve been living under the same rock that I’ve been under. The light, it’s so bright…

8 Comments:

Anonymous Neil said...

Live it up!

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Angela said...

How fabulous that sounds!! And happy, happy birthday to you!

4:22 PM  
Anonymous kerrianne said...

Isn't HeatherAnne awesome? :)

Oh, and: happy! (hoagies, yes, and) birthday, too.

5:16 PM  
Anonymous alyndabear said...

Have a greattt time. And blonde? Pictures? Please?

10:04 PM  
Anonymous LisaBinDaCity said...

Heather, happy birthday! So sorry I was late to the party, but it sounds like it was good times ;-)

9:50 AM  
Blogger Buffy said...

Forget the blonde.

I'm jealous that you're only 23.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

So you've been drinking for just two years now, right? :D

Happy b-day!

11:29 AM  
Anonymous chris said...

Sorry i couldn't read any further once I hit the 23 ;-)

Happy Birthday!!!

xoxo

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.