My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Lesson learned

“No matter where you go or what you do, you live your entire life within the confines of your head.” ~Terry Josephson

I’m in a list making mood as of late, because I find them cathartic. Sometimes it’s easier to get things out without fleshing them out in pristine paragraph form. Sometimes, when hurt or angry or in desperate need to just sit and think, it’s much too trying on the psyche to make things flow.

1) I make a kick ass linguine with white wine clam sauce.

2) When purchasing white wine for said linguine, solely for a recipe, I cannot just use the opened wine for cooking. Because it’s open wine, why let it go to waste? So, what do I do? I drink half the bottle. Again, waste not.

3) Watching Love Actually and/or Somethings Gotta Give and/or any movie that alludes to any sort of love (unrequited or not) is hard enough without the added feeling of wanting to stab the object of your ‘like’ between the eyes with a spork. Hard.

4) There’s nothing sexier than an interception. Especially a Barber doing the interception.

5) I’ve probably said this over and over again, but DC has a great blogger scene. Though some find it cliquey and pretentious, I find it fun and we have MONTHLY happy hours. Because a drunk blogger is a happy blogger. There also can be slight drama from time to time. I’m awful at recapping each HH because I’m too hungover in the morning to write anything comprehensive or cohesive. Wait, that’s every morning. Regardless, this past one was most stellar and only furthered my questioning of why people feel the need to hate. Jealousy perhaps? Who knows. Whatever the case, well played, DCB & Sally (yes, I do heart you) and the lovely V.

6) The above is probably because I’ve stopped giving a shit about what people think about me. Yeah, I’m weird and quirky and I really have no time or energy to care about whether or not you approve of what I do. Period.

7) So that we’re all clear, I’m nowhere near 24. I have a solid 368 days until my 24th birthday.

8) I’m such a fucking Scorpio. It’s scary.

14 Comments:

Anonymous jonniker said...

Wait wait wait, why would anyone find that pretentious or clique-y? That sounds fun! You know, if there were a Floridian blogger group (BAH! HAHAHAHA! and also: NEVER!)

9:19 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Because some people are haters I suppose. But really, I do not know. I do not find it cliquey, I think it's fun. The end.

Oh we also have Social chairs in DC. We bring Blogger HH to a whole 'nother level.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Neil said...

Why does there seem to be so many D.C. Bloggers? A lot of narcissists in town?

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Jacynth said...

I wish I could get to #6. Can you teach me?

12:36 AM  
Blogger Lux Lisbon said...

Happy 24th!

I too, love to make lists. I have scores of them lying around. I love to go back and read them, although can lead to an extreme bout of melancholy as it makes me realize I have accomplished three things and one of these things is raising my alcohol tolerance.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Neil: There are at least 535 narcissists in town, in addition to the bloggers...

Jacynth: It's an account of how truly lazy I am, I don't care enough to care. But that statement (made after a lot of wine) was because someone had made a comment about my blogging, to which I said, oh well, think what you want. Thus #6.

Lux: Yes...in a year in 3 days. I look forward to it. I've only recently gotten into list making, we'll so how long it lasts.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Abigail said...

May I recommend stabbing with just a dinner fork rather than a spork? My last attackee had a rather large nose and spork prongs couldn't reach the eyes.

Make sure it's a dinner fork though. Unless you're being nice; then I suppose a salad or dessert fork would do.

(I want to move to DC just for the blog scene. And the unexplainable dead bodies. Ooooo.)

10:04 AM  
Blogger KassyK said...

I had a great time with you at blogger happy hour and I agree on the haters...what the fuck? We have fun and dance...how is that wrong? Tell me. :-) Thanks for feeding into my gluttonous salsa dancing mode and being my ambiguously gay duo dancing partner ahahaha.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

interception is a sexy, sexy word!

Happy Birthday week.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

Haters are always bad. They deserve to get it with both barrels -- verbally that is. (Gotta make that clear because some of my peeps in the Yay would take that literally.) Also, years ago I was reading a James Beard cookbook. He said that one should never cook with a wine that one is not willing to drink. So drink up!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Heather Anne said...

I am surprised that there aren't t-shirts that say: A Drunk Blogger is a Happy Blogger. Perhaps you should Cafe Press some. :)

Happy almost birthday!

10:51 PM  
Blogger Lux Lisbon said...

doh!

5:16 AM  
Blogger GirlGoyle said...

i'm wondering what happened to my comment...i could've sworn i wrote one...or am i losing my mind?

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does the DC crowd do HH on weeknights or weekends?

(BTW, this is PLD, but I can't seem to log in)

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.