My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Stacypalooza 2006

"You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job." ~Laurence J. Peter

The theme of Stacypalooza 2006: Bringing Indolence Back.

It’s marked – nay celebrated – by regaling in the true simplicity of life by doing absolutely nothing. Nothing. It means that the energy normally well reserved and preserved for a daily gym visit, has already been expended by putting the wine glass to the lips. Rinse and repeat 475 times. Repetitions build muscle don’t ya know. It also means subsisting on the basics; grapes – in liquid and fermented form – and cheese. Red or White and Soft or Hard. And a visceral need for all things forensic; or at least that’s how it felt. It’s a lovely existence, that is if you can bear to go without protein for 48 hours. The latter is probably the reason for my quick consumption of beans and rice and two (!!) BLTs with faux bacon that is.

So, in the end, that is all I have. Well that and a deep, deep love for Kris and Stacy. Those two make me smile and laugh and essentially help to relieve me of any neurotic, narcissistic, woe is me behavior that has plagued me for the past two weeks. It’s a good, good feeling. Let us only hope that any content feelings and kindness permeate to the upcoming week. Have I mentioned that Peg is coming? Oh, Peg is coming, though she will have no time for me. I’m also not speaking of her because I’m not over the Minnesota Twins debacle and that she’s going on a weekend excursion to Barcelona. Given that I’ve gone without swearing for the past two paragraphs I shall say, Barce – motherfucking – lona. Clearly, I’m over it and not jealous.



How about a picture of Stacy? And a cat? Not nearly as great as the baby toes, but it will suffice. For Stacy is gorgeous, even with her eyes closed. I’d show you a picture of Kris, but it ended up blurry, kind of like my vision after three solid nights of wine and cheese for dinner.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Lux Lisbon said...

sounds like my kinda dinner!

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Angela said...

Mmmm... cheese...

10:15 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

I must say that Swiss Kris made some excellent cheese choices. Also that the cheese at the Mayflower hotel is quite delicious as well.

But seriously, three nights in a row of only wine and cheese wreaks havoc on a girl's insides.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Jonathon said...

Doing nothing. Sounds perfect. I've been seriously needing that. Way to take the time out.

1:27 PM  
Blogger ocg said...

Sounds like a weekend from heaven... must say I'm a bit jealous.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

jonathon:Laying around doing nothing with two of my favorite people is nothing short of bliss.

ocg: again...bliss...and wine and smoked gouda (YUM!). Oh and hope you're feeling better...

4:12 PM  
Blogger SUEB0B said...

That is my kind of nutrition plan.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

You mean there's more to life than wine and cheese? Oh my.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

I came thisclose to going out to purchase some smoked gouda and camembert from whole foods.

This is a sickness. Should I be worried??

::drinks wine::

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.