My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 03, 2006

I said tired, sucka

“Maturity is achieved when a person accepts life as full of tension.” ~Joshua L. Liebman


I’d write an actual real post using paragraphs and everything, if I knew that I wouldn’t write something that went like: On my way to babysit last night I almost ran over a runner and then I almost fell in the (full of water and a child) bathtub and then I cried on my way home – for no fucking reason and Netflix hates me and I’ve gotten lost between Arlington and Alexandria twice this week, once almost ending up in fucking Richmond and there’s this thing* that I’m crazy nervous about next week and I'm a delusional idiot who could have predicted this shit from 14 miles away and…and….blah.

So! Here, check this out. You know, if I haven't pimped it enough.


But I shall not surrender to the difficulty that is NaBloPoMo. Oh hell no. Besides according to Suebob, I could still post my grocery list.


Oh! And this for good measure. Because, duh!


Ok, how's about a story, which I kind of forgot about until I heard Hey Good Lookin' for the 8th time this week (seriously, dude) and so was reminded. This morning, I was walking down the street in the strong breeze with cold chapped hands one of which had a delicious large skim chai latte in it. As I'm walking with the breeze and me teetering about with my spankin' new boots, I spilled a little chai on my hand. And because I have no class, I attempted to lick it off the side of my hand and off of my cup, while maneuvering my overstuffed bag on my other shoulder and my sunglasses were falling off my head. While all of this is occuring, some man walking past me, decides to holler out "Hey good lookin'. Nevermind that I'm 47 years old with gray hair, come see me in my play this weekend it's on page 25 of some random publication that you probably never read" (Ok, maybe he didn't say all of that, but you get it). And I'm all WTF? And just stare back at him, because I'm really not in the business of fancying 48 year old men who find 23 year old public hand lickers, with snot coming out of their nose, attractive.

*ALSO: I need help, in more ways than one of course, but if any of y'all would be interested in guest posting for me on Tuesday, November 7th, that would be really, really, really fucking awesome of you, because I'll be busy, with some stuff: nopasanadablog@gmail.com

8 Comments:

Anonymous jes said...

What? You're going to leave us hanging by saying you're going to be busy with "stuff"? AND NOT SAY WHAT THAT STUFF IS?

Come Nov. 8th, we're going to need a full explanation. AND pictures.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Heather Anne said...

This one time Netflix called me at three fucking o'clock in the morning. That + the throttling? I had to cancel.

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Abigail said...

Heather B., are you voting?

11:31 PM  
Anonymous alyndabear said...

Gasp. Too busy.. to blog? -keels over-

I bet you'll have a queue of would-be Heather B's out there happy to jump in for you. ;)

I don't think I've EVER been called out to. Should I feel disappointed?

11:35 PM  
Blogger Lux Lisbon said...

I've been known to lick coffee off my hand. What so wrong with that?

5:39 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

jes: If I could tell you about the 'stuff' I would. But I can't. But it does sound super top secret...

heather anne: Why on Earth would they call you at three o'clock in the morning??? Because your next movie - Last of the Mohicans - was going to be a little while??

abigail: I'm anal about voting. So my absentee ballot went out about a week ago.

alyndabear: Yup, waaay too busy. But by Thursday, things should be back to semi normal. Let's just say that next week will be really long.

lux lisbon: There's nothing wrong with licking coffee off of your hand. But for the men, that is probably a poor time to decide to hit on someone. Just a thought.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous guinness girl said...

Oh, poor you! I hate those sorts of days. And, ps, I think it is VERY klassy (albeit, with a K) to lick spilled beverages off one's hands and the sides of the cup. I do it all the time.

Oh, and I totally voted for myself for a hoagie, in an invented category (Best Blog Written By An Anne for A Middle Name (With the E)).

10:35 AM  
Blogger green3 said...

This is my first time to your blog. LOVE your writing - I'll be a regular visitor!

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.