My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Think blue

PEOPLE, LOOK!

“If worrying were an Olympic sport, you'd get the gold for sure.” ~Stephenie Geist


I came quite close to titling this post “Freaking the Fuck out” but then figured that the fine folks over at BlogHer ads wouldn’t want “Freaking the Fuck out” directly below an advertisement for strollers and how to help busy moms practice good time management skills. But I am. Freaking the fuck out that is, not a busy mom.

You must know that not only do I have a bit of a hyperbolic tendency, thus going to extremes with every situation, but my nerves and anxiety generally manifest themselves in a ridiculous eating habit that would rival that of a marathon runner at the height of training. Which means that I made a foray to Trader Joe’s to pick up essentials such as garlic & chive yogurt dip, pita chips, chocolate covered peanut butter filled pretzels and pretzel thins. Alas, my arrival there was marred by what could only be described as a horrendous clusterfuck due to a 16 wheeler trying to back itself into a parking garage on a street that is, at best, 4 feet wide, thus not giving nearly enough room for the average Washingtonians BMW SUV and yet somehow they make it work and carry on.

That said, I’m now consuming Argentinean Syrah and several wrap shrimp things that were being sampled at Trader Joe’s. And well, half the box is gone. Thankfully I am also a nervous gymmer (I made that word up by the way) and managed to run many miles, which means that the amount of time spent on both the elliptical and treadmill, combined with lifting and a little ab work, will cancel out the fried shrimp and wine and the overwhelming amount of carbs to be consumed tomorrow and my bubble ass, won’t get too much more…well…bubbly.

OY. It’s poised to be a long day*.



*This post brought to you by the fine folks known as our Fore Father's for giving us life, liberty, and the freedom to change things up every once in awhile. Otherwise known as Election Day, yo.

13 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

I have recently learned that there is now an outlet of the Cowgirl Crackhouse (They like to call themselves "Cowgirl Creamery" but I swear the cheese is like crack.) in your fine city. I suggest that you go check them out. For a little variety to the TJ's action. Although I like TJ's out here because there is also a fine selection of men to ogle while shopping.

1:44 AM  
Anonymous alyndabear said...

Hey.. so what's a nervous gymmer.

Geez, everytime you blog, I'm a dork and ask questions. Just punch me in the face.

1:55 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Dagny: The only 'men' at the TJ's around here are 19 year old college students (And I'm Sooooo above that, ha!) or umm parents. Sadly, I don't date either. Must check out Cowgirl Creamery though.

Alyndabear: A "nervous gymmer" is a word that I pulled out of my ass. It means that I go to the gym when ridiculously nervous and then run around my neighborhood, because I'm ridiculously crazy.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Heather Anne said...

Clusterfuck? Best word I ever heard.

9:54 AM  
Blogger ducklet said...

mmm...bubbly. my favorite is assti spumanti.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous bloggadoico said...

aw man - i went to TJ's for the first time ever yesterday and so wish I'd read your grocery list first.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Bone said...

I have little doubt that "gymmer" will be added to the Oxford English Dictionary in 2007.

Here's to you, new word maker-upper.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I stood in the poll line for 50 minutes this morning. Sorry Heather, but the only thing I like about election day is that George Allen and his sidekicks won't be calling me during dinner anymore. ;)

1:47 PM  
Blogger Mombat said...

Hilarious! You are the foodiest (I probably didn't make that up).

4:03 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Heather Anne: clusterfuck is how everyone in the area describes driving around here. It's hellish.

Ducklet: assti spumanti is going to become my new favorite phrase. the end.

Bloggadocio: Yeah, those aren't even all of my favorite things there. It's seriously something new every time you visit. I love it.

Bone: Glad you like it. I bet you want to be a gymmer as well. Just a hunch.

Liz: Believe me, I can't wait to get rid of George Allen either.

Mombat: Why thank you. No clue as to whether or not Foodiest is a word, but I always make things up, so no worries.

4:11 PM  
Blogger wunelle said...

I'm trying to imagine what your long-ish term relationships must be like. I envision some poor, hapless soul sticking his wetted finger into a light socket, or trying to fly a kite during Katrina or the like!

How DOES one keep up?

;-)

6:34 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Wunelle: And that my friend, is why I'm still single. Hard to believe I'm sure.

7:55 PM  
Blogger wunelle said...

Don't be fooled. We ALL love ya!

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.