My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 10, 2006

A very rare occasion

“Any emotion, if it is sincere, is involuntary.” ~Mark Twain

I’m sitting here watching ABC World News tonight, while stressing about figuring out what to write. I’m upset over something that could have been controlled, and I’m thisclose to cutting someone out of my life; which under most circumstances wouldn’t be given a second thought. When suddenly I look up at Charles Gibson doing a special report about an 11 year old Iraqi boy, who found his father’s headless body in the road and now, due to depression and post traumatic stress disorder, is unable to attend school or play with other children.

So while I sit here in woe, because my jaw hurts due to a filling. And the entire right side of my face is numb and I’m tired and I have shit to do and I’m angry at myself…all of that and my usual bullshit complaining, suddenly matters a little less. You know?

3 Comments:

Anonymous alyndabear said...

That's so sad. =/

And I'm sorry about your filling.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Lux Lisbon said...

It's all about perspective (as they say).

12:01 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

alyndabear: yes, it is very sad. And yes, I was feeling a tad bit emotional last night. It was problem the damn novacaine.

lux lisbon: It is perspective. I probably needed it, given the amount of complaining I do, just to complain. I must say that if your biggest problem in life is that your Netflix dvd isn't working, then you really need to get a grip. So, I shall try.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.