My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

What you know about that?

“Our siblings. They resemble us just enough to make all their differences confusing, and no matter what we choose to make of this, we are cast in relation to them our whole lives long.” ~Susan Scarf Merrell

During his rehearsal dinner, Ty wanted to make me a drink. When I’m not drinking barrels of wine, I stick to vodka tonics or vodka red bulls if I’m feeling particularly feisty. There was no tonic, so I requested some vodka sprite. And since we’re ‘klassy’ it was in a red plastic tumbler. And because my brother and I have the same genes (well, at least half) and because he thinks I don’t drink enough, I sat and watched him pour ketel one into my plastic cup, only leaving less than half an inch. As my eyes widened at the thought of all that damn vodka, I hollered at him to stop. He looked at me and with a wink and a smirk, said, “Oh, we’re Barmores, you can handle it”. With that, he topped off my cup of vodka with a smidgen of sprite. I will say that it only burned a little bit and possibly put a little hair on my chest. But at least I now know for certain that I wasn’t adopted.

I’m in ATL, which is a big step for me given my intense fear of all things southern. Where I intend to drink copious amounts of wine with my brother and see one of my best friends from College and visit the Waffle House. In preparation I listened to Lil Wayne and TI, in addition to my usual Johnny Cash and ABBA. Remind me to tell you about the 139 awkward conversations I’ve had over the past 48 hours, how I licked Kris last night that is after being 2 hours late to her party because of the numbness in my face and the cast of Law and Order was on Jeopardy, and how in order to avoid awkward conversation on the MARTA, I whipped out my blackberry and missed my stop then had to endure more awkward conversation with a fare evader (Dude, this guy totally crawled on the ground of a fucking rail station because he couldn’t pay the $1.75 fare and then he proceeded to try to pick me up. Discuss.). On second thought, I might very well be adopted as my brothers are nowhere near as awkward as I, but at least we all share the same love for Ketel One and Amstel.

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Wow... the mere thought of a tumbler-full of vodka just made me shudder. You are a stronger woman than I!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Heather Anne said...

Oh, Marta. The most unsanitary public transportation in the world. (But I still love it.) Hope you have fun in The A. :)

5:13 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Liz: Yeah, I also remember very little about that night. Let's just say that I haven't done that since.

Heather Anne: Oh, upon my entry to my hotel, I scrubbed my hands and then put on some antibacterial stuff. Bleh.

5:54 PM  
Anonymous alyndabear said...

Sounds like one heck of a night !!!

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.