My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

It's the thought that counts

“Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse.” – Christmas Vacation

In the spirit of sharing during this holiday season, I decided to participate in Neil’s Christmahanukwanzaakah Holiday Concert. A few things: 1) I haven’t played in like four years, 2) The damn thing hasn’t been tuned in five years, 3) I was only first chair of the clarinet section for like a year, 4) Playing an instrument is kind of like riding a bike, you never really forget how to make a really fucking awful noise that will blow your eardrums. Think bluegrass on crack. 5) Cell phone quality isn’t what it used to be. Or it’s probably better and I should get a new phone or perhaps not be playing my clarinet over the damn phone.

So here in all it’s (awful) glory is my rendition of O Come all Ye Faithful on the b flat clarinet. I song I chose for it’s easy as pie single sharp moderate tempo. Read: Even an 8 year old could play this shit and hell of a lot better than I. If you’re lucky in the New Year, I’ll play a little Pachebel for you.

O Come all Ye Faithful: The Lame Edition (so bad that it makes the baby Jesus cry)

On that note, I wish you all a wonderful Holiday. And I’ll catch y’all in 2007.

If you really miss me that much, I will be here and here.

4 Comments:

Blogger changapeluda said...

Oh my god, my kid is clammerin' for More! A-Gain he says in his affected English accent....!

This is a nice version to sing along with, so we're doin' a duet!
At the end comes a very loud, mouth wide open with food in it
YAY! Yaaaaaay!

A-Gain?

1:28 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

Aww, what a lovely holiday treat :)

Although I would probably call it something like Festi-Christmahanukwanzaakah-vus.

Happy holidays to you, too, HB!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Isabel said...

Oh my gosh, I heard your voice and it's so pretty. And you rocked that song!

Thanks for sharing!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Married Jen/Single Jen said...

I thought you were good!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.