My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Pain

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily. "So it is." "And freezing." "Is it?" "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately." ~A.A. Milne*

While wandering around drunk** and loving everyone within a 10 foot radius last night, I had hopes of relaying said love and how I want to emulate other’s genuinely nice behavior as well, oh and that VK and I actually don’t despise one another. Then this morning I realized that the only way to successfully keep the room from spinning was by laying on my right side with my shoulder blades pinched together, right arm under my pillow, left hand pressing against the middle of my forehead. And my uterus and I need to have an armistice in order to peacefully coexist together for the next 30 or so years. Then for some reason my eyes were puffy as if I’d cried myself to sleep (which I did not) and my sides hurt and I have a rogue curl at the front of my head and it’s 79 degrees right now and humid which is quite reminiscent of Orlando in July. And my throat hurts and I’ve been sneezing and I’m in dire need of a blue bulb snot sucker.

Given these things I still smiled at the barista in starbucks for my lovely eggnog latte and cheerfully gave Melanie the bathroom this morning even though I was running late and really didn’t mind that a Prius splashed my already wrinkled pants, because it’s true that sometimes just being nice takes considerably less effort than writing a book called 99 Pointy Things to Stab Annoying People With (that’s a working title). You know?


*I love that quote.

**Guess which hands are mine...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Gooseberried said...

I totally would have called in sick...cause I'm an underachiever like that.

11:17 AM  
Blogger KassyK said...

Ah...sorry you are feeling so shitty but wasn't it worth it. :-) Was so good to see you.

11:19 AM  
Anonymous bloggadocio said...

total sick day. you're clearly a better person than me.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Ar-Jew-Tino said...

Looks like everyone's hurting today and is doing their best to keep it together. Great meeting you last night!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Now of course my freaking neck hurts. I'm pretty sure I have the flu. Or a hangover. Whatever.

And for those of you not in the DC area, answer me this: Do you all have montly blog get togethers? Or are we just a particularly close bunch?

3:15 PM  
Blogger Heather Anne said...

"In the words of A.A. Milne, GET OUT OF MY CHAIR, DILLHOLE!" - Chandler Bing

3:22 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

You and your ridiculously sexy hands rock my world...

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Gooseberried said...

What are monthly blog get togethers?

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Angela said...

I do not know any bloggers in my area. I think probably the ratio of people who can write coherently to people who cannot is probably a little higher in DC than in Little Rock though.

Anyway... that pointy objects book? I'd totally buy that.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.