My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Things you probably won’t hear me say after being away for 11 days

“No man needs a vacation so much as the person who has just had one.” ~Elbert Hubbard

“Working only Wednesday, Thursday and Friday isn’t going to work for me. I like to have the entire week to get back into things. The quicker, the better”

“After indulging in all of that Friday’s and macaroni and cheese, I lost a mere 7.25 lbs. Time for that marathon”

“There’s just a little too much Law and Order watching going on here. Less Vincent D’onofrio more Wolf Blitzer!”

“You there…with your expert blackberrying while driving your Maserati…kudos to you. I could learn a thing or two from you.”

“I LOVE the beltway”

“El madre really shouldn’t have brought me starbucks in bed. Just too much”

“Wow, these expertly planned out and convenient traffic circles are really great. Even better the way these streets just go along seamlessly. I appreciate Pierre L’Enfant’s ingenuity”

“No Melanie, you can have the bathroom first. I’ll gladly wait”

“I don’t appreciate G enough. Here’s to hoping we spend more quality time together this year. Possibly while knitting and sipping on some chamomile tea and discussing how inherently racist television is”

“Noah, the incessant hugging really has to stop. Here, child, go play with these marbles”

“I HATE Whole Foods”

“No, no. After you, Congressman”

“mmmm Metro”

“I really have never minded that Target is in another state. I’m all for checking out all of America

“Having a liquor store that sells wine, beer and hard liquor is terribly inconvenient. Also, what’s with grocery stores having all of this wine? Does not compute”

“No, I’ll just stick with water and diet coke. I’m not really into fermentation”

“It’s unfortunate that I made a permanent ass print on my mother’s couch”

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger EDW said...

I totally got sucked into the CI marathon, too.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

not just the CI marathon, but also SVU on New Year's Eve. I watched it until the ball dropped. Which also means that I was a lame ass loser on NYE and enjoyed copious amounts of Christopher Meloni rather than copious amounts of Moet. And really, I didn't mind.

Dick Wolf is my hero.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous chirky said...

hee. this is the best list ever. i think i could hear myself "not" saying some of these things, too.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Pagan Marbury said...

Well, welcome back to DC anyway!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Lux Lisbon said...

I think you forgot "No let me clean up all that flour that is in-bedded in every crack of the kitchen!"

4:33 PM  
Anonymous alyndabear said...

Sounds like a heck of a good trip!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

Awwww. You were halfway there on the NYE thing. I spent the evening watching L&O as well but the new guy dropped by with bubbly. What could be more perfect than being dressed in comfy clothes, watching Meloni and sipping on bubbly? And then of course the whole thing melted into the Monk marathon in the wee hours of the morning.

Here's to 2007 treating us both well. And to fermented beverages.

11:50 PM  
Anonymous LisaBinDaCity said...

Great list! I recognize myself in quite a few of those as well.

Oh and welcome back, Heather. I missed you!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Chirky: Ha! Thanks.

Pagan Marbury: All in all, I am actually happy to be home.

Lux Lisbon: Oh! You are so right! Or "Let me move this giant suitcase out of the hallway for you. My pleasure"

Alyndabear: It certainly was

Dagny: Oh man. When they went into Monk I was like "LAAAAAME". I was so pissed.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Bone said...

Welcome back, HB.

Let me add to the list:
"Please tell me they're not showing yet another football game. I don't know how much more queso dip I can eat."

3:54 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Sir Bone: And let me also add: "Look at that Tony Romo throwing all of those complete passes. Nary an interception or sack in sight"

:-)

4:10 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Wow. 11 days? Why don't you rub that into my wounds with a dash of salt and some vinegar . . . wait, that would make some really good chips . . .

Miss you, love.

9:21 PM  
Blogger The Girl Who said...

Hey there. Can you delete my above post? After careful reflection, the only thing I can do is ignore the situation. Anyway, thanks!

M

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.