My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Taste test

“One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.” ~Luciano Pavarotti

This morning during breakfast at Town Hall:

“You know what I had yesterday for the first time ever?”

::blank stare::

“Oatmeal. It was really good. It’s opened up a whole new world for me. You should try it”

::dies::

*****
I always want to know the little things about people. First and last names especially, since I’m prone to calling you such. Also how those names came about, favorite things, passions, and taste in music. So now I through out there food preferences. I’m often asked why I am a vegetarian; given that the odds of a black female raised by very southern parents who think that ribs should be eaten by the slab and bacon should have it’s own food group, are about 1,700,987 to 1. It has nothing to do with animal cruelty given that I am fond of sticking my nose inside of a Coach bag because leather smells delicious. It’s because I was never a big meat eater in the first place, so I figured why not. Or maybe it had something to do with the number of Big Macs consumed as a child and now I am averse to a quarter pound of meat. In fact my stomach is churning with the thought.

But yes, food. I feel passion for chevre, Trader Joe’s mac and cheese and the avacado.

7 Comments:

Blogger SUEB0B said...

I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I am a vegetarian because I like to kill vegetables.

BaDUMbump.

We are much the same. Meat pretty much always squeamed me out. But I refuse to wear plastic shoes.

9:54 PM  
Anonymous kerrianne said...

The avacado is a passionately yummy fruit, indeed. Ditto, that.

5:50 AM  
Anonymous LisaBinDaCity said...

Yum, Mac and Cheese. I need to try that.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Dagny said...

Love avocado. But also must admit that I love meat as well. I have the Southern parents as well. My dad over recent years has had to discover that there are these things called vegetables for health reasons. He used to be the type who would have some meat with a side of meat.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Totally agree on the Chevre and avocado. Have yet to try TJ's mac and cheese. Is it frozen?

10:28 AM  
Blogger CGHill said...

Having been on the side of the counter that actually prepares Big Macs, I can understand how an abundance of them might drive one away.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

People, the TJ's mac & cheese will change your life! I eat it once a week (actually twice as it is two servings) but oh my gosh, you will thank me for it later. Seriously.

And CGHill, please do not tell me anymore about the Big Macs, I'm scared just thinking about the possibilities.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.