My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Impromptu

“A daughter is a mother's gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of her self. And mothers are their daughters' role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships.” ~Victoria Secunda

El Madre came down for meetings yesterday. Approximately two hours of meetings and one hour chasing me down Connecticut Avenue, in heels. While I stomped and swore and tried to keep my tights from falling completely below my ass. Which they did and I was wearing a wrap dress. And my does that early spring air feel good.

There was a miscommunication and she felt bad that she almost missed lunch but my anger was somewhat assuaged when she mentioned Raku and since I’ve had this insatiable craving for sushi as of late (Note to self: DO NOT get pregnant. Ever) I grumpily accepted her accord only to begin crying over salmon and avocado maki.

We’re talking deep tears here, people. The kind that have been waiting to make an appearance at some arbitrary time wholly unconducive to my life or schedule. She petted me and suddenly turned into full on ‘I’m going to kick those motherfucker’s respective asses’ mode. The woman who once shuddered at the thought of having her own children, felt protective and said she didn’t realize that I had been that upset. Not that I’ve been at all surreptitious about my misgivings on every facet of my sad and pathetic existence as of late. Clearly the phrase “I’m seriously going to lay in front of a bus on Pennsylvania Avenue and pray that it hits me” didn’t carry much weight for her.

But no matter. Tears were shed. Mothers show up at the perfect time and are equipped with rational behavior. They become understanding and equally as upset and frustrated. They can impart knowledge that despite the ‘take a number’ mentality, soon all will be right with the world.

And permission is granted and money shelled for random vacation sprees and a much needed sugar cane scrub*.

*that was for you, Marci.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Married Jen said...

I feel bad that you are having such a hard time these days. I hope everything works out for you.

However, I'm ROLLIN' at the "And my does that early spring air feel good" comment.

you rock!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Jorge said...

In other news, you still haven't updated my link...

:)

2:14 PM  
Anonymous KassyK said...

I am so sad that happened. :( I am so glad you came last night though...it was so nice to see you. "He" is sooo dreamy. Lol.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

married jen: Eh, it's ok. I'm cautiously optimistic. Thank you for the thoughts though.

jorge: I DID! Go look! It's like I HAVE to go to Canada now, I keep fucking up. I promise not to use 'fuck' in front of the baby.

kassyk: Dude! He's so freaking hot. A damn shame.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous zandria said...

Mothers are wonderful indeed. :)

Falling tights and a wrap dress? Eek!

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Jorge said...

How else will the baby learn? :)

See you next weekend.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.