My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Par for the course

“Drag your thoughts away from your troubles... by the ears, by the heels, or any other way you can manage it.” ~Mark Twain

To say that I’ve been in a bad, bad mood as of late would be like saying that today is March 25th, 2007 and it is quite sunny: Stating the fucking obvious. Though I feel I’m preternaturally laden with an awful attitude, I can usually just get over it, but I find that increasingly difficult to do while systematically having your soul sucked out of you for eight weeks straight. Hell, I’m surprised I still have the ability to FEEL without crumbling into a heap of ash and dust.

“But, Heather, why don’t you do anything to make yourself feel better and change the fact that you spent an inordinate amount of time wishing you could remove your eyeballs with a rusty, tetanus riddled spoon?”

Well, hell, why hadn’t I thought of that really easy and simple solution? Or perhaps, I have thought of that really easy and simple solution and yet the ease and simplicity are greatly lacking. Which leaves me to wonder if it’s just me and something I’m doing wrong or maybe I just don’t deserve it. I do not know.

What I do know is that going to bed two nights in a row at 7:30PM only to wake up at 8 AM and lay in bed because I am tired strikes me as somewhat of a problem and inhibiting on any life that involves walking out of my front door and maybe I should just stay in and watch more Borat. Though when I did walk out of my front door yesterday afternoon, with the clouds and the rain and the man who tried to run me over with his Hummer, I complained that it was too bright. Did I mention the clouds and the rain??

Like I said, I’ve been surly at best.

All of this suffering has led me to believe that a) Maybe it’s a sign that it’s high time that I do actually find out what real suffering is about, b) Maybe I should try harder but dude, the trying is getting a little frustrating and vexing C) that I deserve a little something – that isn’t fermented – to ease the pain.


YUM

Now in my belly

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Alison said...

That sounds familiar to me. Go see your doctor.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous LisaBinDaCity said...

I guess a spoon is better than a fork?

YUM, cake :-)

9:51 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

alison: yes, yes. I know. But procrastination and laziness is bitch.

lisab: I figured I'd be somewhat gentle.

10:22 AM  
Blogger kris said...

You deserve all the cakelove - and any other love, with the exception of meth-love - that one girl can take.

I'll drag your ass to the doctor if you need that kind of love. Or at least in the sunshine to Eastern Market.

10:51 AM  
Blogger SUEB0B said...

I am so with you. Can I come over?

3:41 PM  
Anonymous gorillabuns said...

i understand the feeling completely and sometimes YOU ARE too tired to try to fix the problem/problems.

however, i do think you are on the road to healing. if the bag is any indication, i'm sure it was simply lovely.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Sometimes, you just need cake.

But, I would see the Doctor about sleeping so much. When I was sleeping that much it turned out I was severely anemic. So you never know...

8:48 AM  
Blogger Gooseberried said...

Yay cake!

My new job's internet connection blocks websites from being viewed and yours is one of them. !!! What am I going to do now?

If you find out anything about sleeping tons yet still being tired thing, let me know. That shit happens to me too. It's gotta be a problem right?

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.