My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Shock me, shock me, shock me

For every surprise event I've attended, that is one more that I've wished for myself. Younger HB always felt that the lack of surprises meant that she wasn't cared about or for with the same force that others cared for their loved ones. Older HB gets queasy and jittery complete with butterflies flying in perfect formation in her belly at the thought of a remote surprise. I'm one of those people who flinches at sudden movements. I'm one of those people who apparently was beaten far too many times as a child thus, my startled state when someone moves their hands to emphasize a point in close range.

I do not do rapid, unanticipated things. They scare me.

But apparently I do, for in just a few moments, I'm getting a spontaneous visit. And now I'm going to shock the shit out of myself and both make my bed, vacuum and pick up my W-2 from off of the floor.

No Pasa Nada: we never cease to amaze you.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous gorillabuns said...

i'm guessing you are a non-hugging person like me. don't hug me unless you've notified by fedex, otherwise, don't come at me unaware.

1:07 AM  
Anonymous em said...

enjoy the shock!

8:21 AM  
Anonymous chirky said...

What? And you're not telling us who your guest of honor is?

9:57 AM  
Blogger Bone said...

I love when the butterflies do that Blue Angels thing.

And I love having visitors, because that is mostly the only time I clean O:)

10:40 AM  
Blogger Jennie said...

Seriously, who is your secret surprise visitor? Was it Bono? It was Bono, wasn't it.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous sandra said...

How cool! I've had a surprise party, but never a surprise visitor. So fun.

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Schnozz said...

Secret guest, huh? I hope it isn't some random stranger off the Internet. Even people who like surprises don't like THAT surprise. And by THAT surprise I mean opening your jewelry box and finding a hastily written apology and an IOU for four diamond rings and a necklace. Seriously, people from the Internet are like stray cats. Or at least they would be if cats knew how to kill someone with a dull kitchen knife. Not the serrated kind, either.

Have fun with your guest!

4:28 PM  
Blogger EDW said...

I am pathetic in my jumping, and then I end up saying lame things like, "I was so involved in what you were saying, your perfectly normal movement terrified me".

6:56 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

Only my closest friends can drop in unexpectedly. Because they don't expect me to clean.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Of course I will be leaving you hanging until TOMORROW.

I know, the HORROR!

(and can we discuss how much lovelier it is now that there's no damn word verification??)

8:46 PM  
Blogger metalia said...

Ooh, I'm intrigued...have fun!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.