My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Up on high

“...I pick the prettiest part of the sky and I melt into the wing and then into the air, till I'm just soul on a sunbeam.” ~Richard Bach

There is nothing better to me than flying. I love to fly in a way that is a complete antithesis to the average person who finds flying some horrifying experience akin to jumping across a volcano for fun. I find my window seat. Sit down and pass out for 50 minutes to 10 hours and I just chill the hell out.

What I dislike about flying is the airport. Actually I didn’t mind the airport that much until the woman next to me decided to call her friend and loudly and obnoxiously complain about how awful her watery queso was for her chips. “Literally, unbelievable” that’s what she keeps saying about her fucking queso dip. She’s going to write her friend who apparently has the stellar position of being high up in the California Tortilla hierarchy, to tell her about her displeasure with the fucking queso.

Flying should be calming. Flying shouldn’t lead to violence. Flying should make me want to toss my filet o fish at the woman with her fucking queso dip complaints. Not to mention the fact that she’s not only complaining about the damn dip, but also doing so with her mouth open. Damn BWI, once again not being up to par for the masses and their need for high quality queso dip.

I’m just going to sit here, relax, and think of flying.



*Penned today at 3:57 PM from the B terminal in Baltimore/Washington International airport.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger metalia said...

What kind of person is surprised about the quality of airport cheese dip?!

Sigh...


Have a *great* trip!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Well I sure hope they do something about that dip or else I am never flying anywhere ever again. Period.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous kerrianne said...

I was just in the grocery store earlier tonight and walked by the queso dip and thought, "YUM." I didn't pick it up, though. Damn diet discipline.

Here's to mid-flight naps!

10:29 PM  
Anonymous gorillabuns said...

i think everyone on planes should wear horse blinders and muzzles to keep the unnecessary chit-chat down to a minimum.

1:52 AM  
Blogger Dagny said...

That woman should have been happy that the queso dip did not make her hurl. Which I assume it did not because she was able to rant about it.

I too love flying but now that they have banned smoking on flights, it's not quite as enjoyable. After about three hours, I start going through withdrawal -- unless the fly attendants are smart and have kept me plied with alcohol -- and want to do great bodily harm to my fellow passengers. I have come to the conclusion that I need my own jet. Or perhaps we could share a jet. And then neither of us would have to listen to some woman complain about her queso dip.

2:20 AM  
Anonymous zandria said...

Yay, you're on your way! Just keep the end destination in mind and try to ignore the distractions. Hope you have a fabulous time! :)

9:32 AM  
Blogger wunelle said...

I love, love, love flying as well.

(But I'm paid to say that.) (But it's still true!)

And the best thing? There's nobody to whine about anything on a cargo airplane! Well, except the rest of the crew (and pilots can BITCH! Except me).

2:27 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Lord, and wait till I tell you about the obnoxious woman of today. It's apparently asshole week at aiports in the northeast and I'm the last to find out.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

I love flying! I have seriously thought that if my whole career thing doesn't pan out, I might try to be a flight attendant for a year or two.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.