My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Comfort food

"Optimism is the foundation of courage.” ~Nicholas Murray Butler

Trader Joe’s makes this amazing macaroni and cheese. It involves gouda and havarti, two of my favorites and butter, my second favorite food group behind fermented grapes. Abi wrote a review about it and since then I’ve been hooked. It’s become my go to food when I need a little warmth and well, comfort in me. It’s the food version of the fetal position, though the fetal position has considerably less calories.

Despite the sometimes, rough exterior, I need a little comfort in my life, especially as of late. I need to be held and to be told that I will be ok and that I’m great (and hot and pretty and that my ass looks good in my jeans). I need reassurance.

Last night I turned to LB who hugged me and celebrated with me and got be drunk on Costco size bottle of Pinot Noir. She helped me with the pros and cons of things right now and then I made the biggest decision I’ve ever made in my life, even bigger than the PC vs. Mac debacle. At any rate she comforted me with chocolates and Mahill brought neopolitan ice cream which I mixed together so that all the flavors melted into one another. That’s always comforted me as well.

Stacy talked with me, despite my inebriation about the evils of depression and she comforted me as well. LB and Stacy were like my Mac & Cheese last night. Just making me feel better and less likely to vomit and hyperventilate and more willing to get excited and be happy for myself and for everything that I have going on right now. Even when I don't feel like I deserve it.

I’m comforted enough to be confident in going in today and putting in my two weeks notice.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Marie D. said...

Well if your job makes you feel that bad... go girl! and don't look back!
good luck

1:53 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

No, no, no...my job didn't make me feel bad. Promise. But yes I put in my two weeks and yes it's been something ongoing. And I will write more about it over at BlogHer.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Awesome! Can't wait to hear about the next adventure...

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Lissa said...

Obviously I don't know the logistics of what's going on but if leaving your job is the answer than I'm so happy for you! I hope it goes well and we are here for you.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Congratulations on taking the leap... as scary as it may be. I'm glad your friends and certain starchy foods are helping you through it :)

3:47 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

Best of luck with whatever is next!

6:28 PM  
Blogger janet said...

Wine and cheese and butter make life so much better. I'm also having some career-related uhhhhh, ISSUES in life if you ever want to commisserate!

10:45 PM  
Blogger SUEB0B said...

Yay for new adventures. And mac n cheese.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Gooseberried said...

Wow! Good for you.

11:12 PM  
Blogger PLD said...

good luck with the giving notice and the greener pastures that I know lay ahead.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Jurgen Nation said...

I am always here for you, HB. Always. No matter how inebriated (you or me) or how late.

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.