My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Just keeps getting better

“It is a truth universally acknowledged that when one part of your life starts going okay, another falls spectacularly to pieces.” – Bridget Jones

One would think that after giving notice, then one would be able to relax and enjoy semi-retirement. Froclicking about of course and possibly planning impromptu trips to Paris. Because I’m sure that’s what you think that I have been doing. Sitting on my ass, enjoying cake love for the last time ever and maybe quickly diminishing my Netflix queue.

But no.

Schnozz is going to read this and beat the ever loving shit out of me, because 2007 is the year of the other shoe dropping and I can't tell you what kind of shoe it is! Just when things get AWESOME! And GREAT! And I emphasize things with exclamation points and capital letters, something shitty happens. Like there are multiple things that I’m excited to do and I just finished this big giant freelance project that was fun and I was genuinely excited about. Then BOOM! While I’m riding this high of a new job that I’m beyond ecstatic for and party planning and other things, the other shoe drops.

It’s like the story of my life: one thing goes well and so another must go to shit because woe is always me. The sad part is that for once, I’m not being melodramatic.

In other news, I’m not a list maker. In fact I think lists kind of suck. But OH MY HELL…I have been listing away as of late. I get a little giddy each time I can cross something off. So you know, in that regard, life is good.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Marci said...

Really, you sure this is a drama-free zone?

:)

4:32 PM  
Blogger Heather Anne said...

I hope everything is okay, Heather B. I also hope you know that your opening quote is one of my all time favorites. I heart Bridget Jones.

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Schnozz said...

GODDAMMIT HEATHER.

8:49 PM  
Blogger EDW said...

Great quote. I hope it gets better!

7:41 AM  
Blogger green_canary said...

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade. When life hands you crap, make nothing. Because that would be gross.

Seriously.

12:46 PM  
Blogger PLD said...

you're such a blog tease with these capital letters and exclamation points.

Go barefoot and the shoes can't fall off.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.